Update: Singapore Internet Watch
The POFMA’ed Dataset is currently maintained by the Singapore Internet Watch, a student-run group focusing on internet research — with key focus areas including censorship, surveillance and misinformation. For updates on POFMA, follow the Singapore Internet Watch’s newsletter or twitter.
What is POFMA?
POFMA is the Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act. It is also commonly known as Singapore’s anti fake news legislation. The law came into effect on 2 October 2019.
More overviews of the POFMA legislation can be found here:
- POFMA in the Singapore Statutes
- Singapore Legal Advice’s Guide to POFMA
- Academia.sg’s overview of POFMA’s news coverage and their statements on POFMA
What is POFMA’ed?
POFMA’ed is a dataset which aims to record every instance of the use of this legislation, for reference by academics, media practitioners and the general public. The data will be updated continually.
- Read the latest updates here.
- Download the data here.
- Follow the latest updates on this dataset and POFMA-related news via the POFMA’ed twitter.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.